Earthquake and Tsunami are the natural disasters of nature and responsible for devastation in terms of lives and properties. It is considered the natural disaster responsible for most of the devastation on land and lives. It is the shaking and sudden quivering of some portion of the earth. Earthquake happens due to the changing of the plates which are lies beneath the surface of the earth. The earthquake also refers to the reason of volcanic and geographical processes. It is difficult to predict the earthquake’s exact date and time and place, since earthquake can take place in any climate, weather, season, day or night. Keep reading this article until the end will show you clear What Is Difference Between Earthquake And Tsunami.
Tsunami is referred to the series of huge sea waves and move forwarded at a great pace. The major reason for Tsunami is the landslides and earthquakes. We can also call Tsunami is the sudden motion of weaves on the floor of the ocean. Due to the earthquake, the displacement of the plate’s lies beneath the surface of the earth cause huge waves of seawater becomes monster and engulfs everything coming to its direction, before reaching the coastal areas these waves become of high altitude and being a reason of devastation of lots of lives and property. For further information must read the below-listed key What Is Difference Between Earthquake And Tsunami!
What Is Difference Between Earthquake And Tsunami
Following are the important point which makes Earthquake and Tsunami differ from each other.
- Earthquake is refer to the sudden quivering and shaking off some of the earth’s portion due to changing of direction of plates beneath the earth’s surface. whereas Tsunami is refer to the series or bulk of sea waving coming forward with great peace from the sea.
- Earthquake is the shaking of ground while Tsunami is the tremendous disturbance in the ocean.
- The earthquake may be the reason for Tsunami but Tsunami is not responsible for Earthquake.
- The major reason for the earthquake is the changing of direction of plates beneath the surface of the earth and volcanic activities whereas the reason of Tsunami is Earthquake and landslides.
- The study of earthquake is known as seismology whereas the study of Tsunami is known as Hydrology