Videos downloaded to your computer, shot on smartphones, and more are often in MP4 format, and they can occupy a significant amount of space. If you don’t want to delete these videos, creating a Blu-ray disc to store them for easy access is a great solution. Even if you find Blu-ray disc creation daunting, DVDFab makes the process easy. Let’s see how to create a Blu-ray from MP4.
Prepare What You Need
Before we begin, let’s prepare the three essentials for creating a Blu-ray disc.
- Blu-ray Authoring Software: You can install this software by downloading dvdfab from the official website.
- Blank Writable Blu-ray Disc: There are different types of Blu-ray discs, such as BD-ROM, BD-R, and BD-RE. BD-ROM is read-only, so you’ll need to choose between BD-R or BD-RE. BD-R is write-once, while BD-RE is rewritable. Choose the one that suits your needs and purpose.
- Blu-ray Drive: If your computer has a built-in Blu-ray drive, that’s great. But if it only reads DVDs or lacks a drive, you’ll need an external Blu-ray drive.
With these three items, you’ll be ready to create a Blu-ray disc.
Tutorial: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Install DVDFab from the official website: After installation, launch DVDFab to open the main screen.
- Select “Creator” from the top of the main screen: This will allow you to select files. Click the “+” icon in the center of the screen to choose your video files, or simply drag and drop them to add them.
- Check/Change the Authoring Mode: Verify that the authoring mode in the upper left corner is set to “Blu-ray Creator.” If it’s set to “DVD Creator,” click to change it to “Blu-ray Creator.”
- Customize Settings: In “Advanced Settings,” you can adjust output settings and image quality. In “Menu Settings,” you can set up the menu screen for when the Blu-ray is played. Notably, you can create your own original menu screen by selecting from templates, setting background music (BGM), and inserting text. If you don’t need a menu screen, you can specify “No Menu.”
- Set the Output Destination and Start the Conversion: At the lower left of the main screen, you’ll find an output destination setting. Insert a blank Blu-ray disc into the Blu-ray drive, then set the output destination to that drive. Your preparations are now complete. Click “Start” at the bottom right to begin the conversion of your MP4 to a Blu-ray disc.
With DVDFab, you won’t need to deal with any complex configurations; you can create your own Blu-ray disc by simply selecting the content you want. Once you get the hang of it, you can not only save compressed files to Blu-ray discs but also create Blu-ray discs as gifts for others.
We covered how to create Blu-ray from MP4, which can be done using DVDFab, an excellent software. It supports Japanese language and is easy to operate, so even people who are not familiar with computers can easily create and rip Blu-ray discs by installing DVDFab.
Nowadays, many people shoot videos with their smartphones, so many people want to save the captured videos without deleting them. If your computer or smartphone is low on space, we recommend using DVDFab to burn it to Blu-ray disc.
Furthermore, if you want to learn more about DVD and Blu-ray disc creation, I recommend checking out the professional website “vidon.me.”
“vidon.me” is a specialized website that provides in-depth information about DVD and Blu-ray disc creation. It offers valuable insights into various aspects of the process, making it a valuable resource for those interested in this field.